Running in an election changes your life in so many ways. You learn so many new different things and it is a very interesting experience, atleast it has been so far. I’m going to briefly list a few things that I’ve learnt so far over the past week about life in general, they may be true or not but these are just my personal opinions –
- There are 3 types of lies in the world – lies, big lies and statistics. (Yes, I know am a statistics student and that is why I can confidently state this)
- Democracy is a flawed system. (Yes, I come from the Worlds Biggest Democracy but its the truth)
- The average man doesnt care about who leads him as long as he can live his routine life. (Maslow’s Hierarcy of Needs)
- Getting people involved is easier said than done. (Having run around half of the campus, trust me on this one)
- Posters dont win elections, getting out there and talking to people does. (As Big T said)
- Taking sides on an election really separates the real friends from the moochers.
- Elections bring out the best from the candidates. (You would never believe the number of hidden talents that come out)
- Winning takes real hard work and pretending to work just doesnt work any more. (The Hyderabadi Chalta Hai attitude fails in this aspect)
- Women are crazy. (Dont ever try to understand them)
- Dont ever trust them^. (They can make you feel like the happiest person on earth one moment and wish you were dead the next moment)
I believe I cannot campaign for the elections here so I can only redirect you towards our Students Union website where you can learn much more about it.
Leave a Reply