…and along with campaigning, you get long days out in the cold trying to convince strangers to vote for you, heated debates between the candidates and a bit of touchy issues here and there.
My conclusions after 4 days of campaigning are –
- Campaigning is surprisingly fun, it feels nice when complete strangers are willing to give you their time to listen to you.
- Some people need to grow up. I mean seriously, I saw some shockingly childish behaviour by opposition supporters today.
- Nobody wins in online Facebook Debates. Its a waste of time and effort.
- Real life debates are definitely more exciting and worthwhile, as long as participants have more than half a brain.
- Nothing annoys the stupid people (mentioned in #3) as much as smiling and keeping your calm while they lose their mind.
- Elections are partly a popularity contest, regardless of what people say.
Thats it for now, more after the results come out on Friday evening!
Voting opens tomorrow morning at essexstudent.com, make sure you read the manifestos, watch the videos and make the right choice. And good luck to all the candidates!